Greek History
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greek History

Prep for CLST Final Exam, Fall 2010

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Personal Essay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jmariwala

Personal Essay Empty
PostSubject: Personal Essay   Personal Essay I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:56 am

Just curios as to how long you guys you plan on making your individual essays and his essay question. 500 - 600 words sound okay?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Personal Essay Empty
PostSubject: hmm   Personal Essay I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:31 am

it's going to take approx 35 minutes right? so I guess it depends on how complex your argument is, how fast a writer you are, and if you come in prepared and knowing what you're going to say. since I honestly don't know what to do for the essay we bring the question in ourselves, that last bit is what i'm probably most afraid of lol

i'd say 500-600 words is ideal, but maybe 400 would suffice if pressed for time. I think the key is to stick to a few key points, be concise, and state everything that you think is relevant in an organized fashion. If that's done, then it really doesn't matter how long it is; quality, not quantity =]
Back to top Go down
https://greekhistory.forumotion.com
Evan

Personal Essay Empty
PostSubject: mythodes   Personal Essay I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:48 pm

what exactly does mythodes mean? and how does it tie into the readings?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Personal Essay Empty
PostSubject: mythodes   Personal Essay I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:38 pm

we briefly discussed this during the study group today, and we pretty much decided that mythodes was related to myth and myth telling. the examples we came up with was how the iliad provided the mythological history of ancient greece. then there was herodotus, providing a more contemporary, accurate account of greecce, but with heavy myth influences ["sexy tales"]. then we come to thucydides, who says in the introduction that he wanted to leave out everything but the plain truth.

does that help?
Back to top Go down
https://greekhistory.forumotion.com
Evan

Personal Essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Essay   Personal Essay I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:14 am

thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Personal Essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Essay   Personal Essay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Personal Essay
Page 1 of 1